The call to follow Jesus is a call to lay down everything in our lives. Finances are one of the most difficult things for us to lay down. But until we surrender every part of our lives we will be torn between a desire for more of the world and a desire for more of God.
We want to explore with you in a community of brothers and sisters how Jesus wants us to live.
Quarter 1: Theological Foundations of Money and Possessions
A firm foundation in what the Bible says about money, possessions, generosity, and surrender is necessary to develop an informed life of following Jesus. This quarter will take a deep look at the major themes presented in the Bible around money and possessions.
Quarter 2: Exploring Generosity and Whole Life Surrender
Moving from a knowledge of God’s Word to a life living out those truths begins by exploring generosity and the call of Jesus to follow Him. This quarter will challenge participants to deeply examine whether or not they are living the surrendered life of a follower of Jesus.
Quarter 3: Modeling and Teaching Personal Finance
This quarter moves from the theoretical to the practical. Now that participants know what the Bible says and whether or not they are obeying it, they can begin to develop a plan for aligning their financial life with their beliefs. A part of this process comes in teaching others the truths participants now understand more fully.
Quarter 4: Forming a Personal and Cultural Engagement Plan
The capstone project of the program is for each participant to develop a specific plan for putting into practice all that was learned. Many of the participants will implement their plans through their work, ministry, church, or local community.
God's Word on FollowingWhat does the Bible say?
For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?Luke 9:24-25
The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that fieldMatthew 13:44
Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.Mark 10:37-38
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my discipleLuke 14:26-27
12 month program
Beginning Date: May 10, 2021
Cost: $400 per student (includes all books)
Time Commitment Estimation:
Reading: Number of hours depends on speed and comprehension (up to 2,500 pages)
Videos: 10 hours of video-based content
Activities: 10-15 hours to fully engage in the activities presented
Interactions: 10 hours per quarter with the possibility of two in-person gatherings during the program
- May 6, 2021: 12:00pm – 1:00pm CT – Kick-off call
- June 8, 2021: 11:00am – 1:00pm CT – Monthly video conference call
- July 13, 2021: 11:00am – 1:00pm CT – Monthly video conference call
- August 13-14, 2021: IN-PERSON training
- September 7, 2021: 11:00am – 1:00pm CT – Monthly video conference call
- October 7, 2021: 11:00am – 1:00pm CT – Monthly video conference call
- November 5, 2021: 9:00am – 5:00pm CT – Virtual Journey of Generosity
- December 7, 2021: 11:00am – 1:00pm CT – Monthly video conference call
- January 6, 2022: 11:00am – 1:00pm CT – Monthly video conference call
- February 11, 2022: 9:00am – 1:00pm CT – Virtual residency training
- March 8, 2022: 11:00am – 1:00pm CT – Monthly video conference call
- April 7, 2022: 11:00am – 1:00pm CT – Monthly video conference call
- May 13-14, 2022: IN-PERSON training